The Fuzzy Dolphin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fuzzy Dolphin

A role-playing forum (possibly). I will have a better description once I decide what I want to do with everything.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wordforger
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Velne Navathe
Class and Level: Aristocrat 4/ Scout 6/ Sorceror 1

Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost Empty
PostSubject: Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost   Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Posted: Feb 26, 2007-Aug 13, 2007

Posters: Girlbrainiac, The Ferrett, marjorievonnordeck, Evil Minion Number 2, Mindwarp

Associated Threads: Quest #11: Queen of the Dead
Back to top Go down
https://fuzzy-dolphin.rpg-board.net
wordforger
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: page 1   Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 pm

The morning had come, and the sun had begun to rise. Okal lead his red elk under the sign that read, “The Melting Pot”, sweeping the area with his eyes for any of those he had hired. With no luck in finding them, he promptly remounted his elf, removed a stone from his pack, and started sharpening the spear he always carried with him.

((Wow, that was the least epic/legnthy intro I've ever written before...))

((Yay! Arylan will be down in a bit, as soon as Satan wakes her up, lol.

Oh, and the mounts will probably freak as soon as she gets close.))

Loki stepped out of the tavern door just as Okal started sharpening his spear. He smiled at the elf, it pleased him to see people take such care of their weapons.

"'Morning Okal," he said without ceramoney as he approched the elf, he didn't react in the slightest to the fact that he was mounted on an elk, "I'll be back from the stables in a moment."

Loki moved in quick, sure, silent steps as he moves off toward the stables. A few moments later he returns on a black mare, an a light pack on his back.

"Ready when you are," he said to Okal, "you ever find any others to come along?"

Okal nodded an acknowledgement to Loki’s greeting, not having much time to return the gesture before Loki was off to the stables.

Upon his return, Okal couldn’t get his eyes off Loki’s mount, staring at it questionably. “I had found others who had claimed to wish to join us, but I do not see them here.”

Still staring at the mount, Okal asked a few moments later, “Are you sure taking that would be a good idea? It’s legs look a little thin for long-distance running…”

"Exactly how far do you expect to be travling at a galup?" Loki asked, "This is a fine horse... she has seen me threw many journies and is quite capabul of a fast speed."

((Obviously she is not a elk, but for a horse she can keep up a galup for at least a few hours time and maybe more if he pushed her... but of course constant running is not what horses are for.))

((Sorry, had to do some research on mounts. Turns out a horse can run much faster than in elf in a short period of time, but a elk can move much faster in a normal walk. Plus, due to their size, they can carry slightly more than a horse.

Okal was more so commenting on the legs. Horses have SKINEY legs! At least compared to most other larger animals.))

“My hope was to cover at least two leagues before nightfall, though it could be slowed down if you please. From the appearance of things, I doubt we will be accompanied by any others.”

((Yes, these are thigs I already knew, lol. And Loik's horse is esenchally only carring Loki... Loki's pack holds only the trappings of his profestion and ya know... thieves/assassins travle rather light Wink ))

"Two leagues should not be a problem," Loki said lightly, "I will have no need to stop... except maybe once in the day to let Shallay rest for a bit and drink some water."

((I really am going to bed now though.))

"Good," Okal replied in light humor. "Then it would be best to be off, the less time spend waiting, the better. Though the lack of help could present quite a problem..." Before he could decide otherwise, Okal set his elk into motion, heading for the road again.

"Verry well," Loki said as he spured his horse on gently, to follow to the side of Okal.

((Time jump! To the middle of the day!))

Okal help his elk going a steady place, not wanting to exause his mount on the first day out. It'd take at least three days to get there, and if they got the speed as he was hoping, they'd be at the edge of the Light elf territory the next day. It still stumped him how anything could live with so many trees closing in the free space, taking the attection of whatever was running to avoid crashing into them. The area they currently were in was a hilly, lightly forested area with plenty of shade, and a well worn road to guide the way.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: page 1   Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 pm

"Do you know if there's a watering hole or stream around here?" Loki asked, "or if we'll pass by one today?"

"There should be a river with in the next two miles, the 'Grand River' that is oddly not as grand as one would thing."

"Alright then," Loki said, "we should stop there for a bit to let our mounts drink. I know Shallay at least could use some water."

Satan and Dante quickly run through the forest, Dante leading, following the trail of the horse. They quickly find Loki and Okal by the river. Satan wakes Arylan up. "We're here, sleepy." he says affectionately.

Arylan lifted her head slightly, seeing where 'here' was. The elf from last night was there, as was another man. Her head drooped down again.

"Where...? Who is... the other one...?" she murmured, a question that might have been muffled by the helmet.

Loki's horse grows nervous when she catches a wif of something unnatural approching them. "Sshh..." he sooths her, "what is it girl?"

Then Loki saw what looked to him to be a large green... wolf??? approching and was that... It was taht Satan charater from the other night riding it, with anouther person. 'Great,' he thought, then turned to Okal.

"Are these the two who were supposed to be coming with us?" Loki asked Okal.

((Ferrett, what does a 'hellhound' look like?))

Dante is a green smaller version of his father, ((to quote myself)), ...He’s about twice the size of an Irish wolfhound, pure black except for the red scales running across his shoulder blades, down his flanks in parallel lines to its tail. Satan stares into his eyes, green into bright blue, a strange colour for an animal....

"Like my ride?" he says quietly to Loki and Okal, trying not to annoy Arylan's sleep.

"He's not very, aahhh... low key," Loki says seeming a bit irritated, "you do realize there will probably be need to blend in at some point?"

Then he looked over at the person with the strange helmet on, "Who's that?"

"More to your advantage," was the even more so low-key reply of Okal to Loki, speaking up as he replied to Satan's comment, "I find myself impressed that you managed to tame such a beast, though questioning how wise it is to trust a hunting animal."

"More to your advantage," was the even more so low-key reply of Okal to Loki.

"I suppose," Loki said flatly. Then he dismounted from his horse and led her over to the water alowing her to drink her fill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost   Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest #5 (I think): lost and still lost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fuzzy Dolphin :: The Melting Pot Archives :: Quests-
Jump to: